In this video, our Chief Technology Officer, Jay Pickett talks about 4 simple ways any user would be able to determine whether or not their personal data is really secure. Jay also makes specific recommendations on how you can ensure your data is secure. http://fluiditservices.wistia.com/medias/mnp30yirkk?embedType=seo&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=740
Hello my name is Jay Pickett with Fluid IT Services. We get this question all the time, is my data secure? Well let's do a little interview.
- Do you use the same password for all your devices, both at home and at work?
- Do you scan your computer for viruses and malware?
- Do you have multiple levels of security on your computer and personal devices?
- Do you backup your data?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, then no, your data is not secure. So what can you do to protect your data? Simple things really, things like:
- Changing the password on your computer once every 60 days. This also includes changing the password on your email accounts, like yahoo and Gmail.
- Scan your computer for viruses and malware at least once a week.
- Make sure that all your devices have lock codes on them like your Android and iPhone, so when they turn them on they have to enter a code to access the applications on them.
- And lastly, make sure you do a backup at least once a week.